Major Events and Top News Headlines of 11 November 2010:
- = A Moscow-bound chartered flight, with 250 passengers on board, suffered a bird hit while taxiing for take-off from the airport here today, airport officials said.
- =If you remember the opening ceremony of the Doha Asian Games for the rider galloping on horse-back to light the torch on top of the stadium, the current edition, all set to unveil the opening ceremony on November 12, has promised to ignite imagination with a drop of water from the Pearl river.
- =With less than 100 days to go for the ICC World Cup, top cricketers are urging their supporters to send in good luck messages through twitter and other online media to inspire and cheer their favourite teams.
- = Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar will be the event ambassador for the ICC World Cup 2011.
- = First Lady Michelle Obama surprised a group of U.S. servicemen and women based in Germany on Thursday, jumping in to serve them steaks at a special Veteran’s Day meal.