Major Events and Top News Headlines of 11 September 2009:
- Factory productions expanded at a greater pace for the second month in a row growing by 6.8 per cent in July against 6.4 per cent a year ago, signalling an industrial recovery.
- Ahead of the introduction of Umpire Decision Referral System in Test cricket next month, ICC Elite Panel umpire Simon Taufel said technology should be used to improve the standard of match officials so that they may not have to always rely on it.
- Rich countries must commit to deeper cuts in greenhouse gas emissions if they want China and India to sign onto an accord to curb global warming, the top U.N. climate official said on Friday.
- At least seven people were killed in Uganda when supporters of the traditional ruler of the country’s largest ethnic group clashed with security forces in the country’s capital.
- The southwest monsoon has been vigorous in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and east Madhya Pradesh and active in Assam, Meghalaya, east Uttar Pradesh and Uttarkhand, the Met office said on Friday.