Major Events and Top News Headlines of 11 September 2010:
- After his potshots at Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday appeared to snipe at HRD Minister Kapil Sibal seeking his attention on school education rather than higher education.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma said the issue of illegal mining “should not be confused with export of iron ore.
- The U.S. hopes to work with India to address its concerns about the recent hike in H-1B and L1 visa fee in order to find an “acceptable alternative solution” to the critical issue that threatens to hurt the bilateral economic ties, a top Obama Administration official has said.
- The government has cancelled motor vehicle permits of 2,027 vehicles and driving licences of 1,013 persons involved in smuggling of commodities meant for the public distribution system (PDS) in the State, according to Food Minister A.V. Velu.
- In an attempt to improve conservation measures and provide better protection for forest and wildlife in the State, the Forest Department has started recruitment of youths for the posts of Guard and Forester.