Major Events and Top News Headlines of 12 February 2010:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday issued a notification introducing a new category of Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) as “Infrastructure Finance Companies (IFCs)”.
- Indian-American Suresh Kumar was among 27 nominees of the Obama Administration who were confirmed on Friday by the United States Senate.
- Downplaying the threat from the China PLA Navy with periodic reports of its move to acquire an aircraft carrier, the former Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral (retd.) Arun Prakash said on Thursday it was not going to happen soon.
- Television channels have appealed to the government to intervene in the stand-off with the Indian Premier League over match coverage guidelines.
- The Trinamool Congress and West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee (WBPCC) on Thursday declared that they wanted the development of the hilly areas in the northern part of West Bengal, but while keeping the State undivided.