Major Events and Top News Headlines of 12 July 2010:
- In its 16th successive, successful mission, the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle placed five satellites into the predestined orbit after a precision launch on Monday, a feat that elated the space community as it came after the failure of last launch.
- Lord Jagannath’s rathyatra, the 133rd edition of which is scheduled to be held in the city on Tuesday, has over the years become a symbol of communal harmony with people of all communities participating with equal enthusiasm.
- HBO received 101 Primetime Emmy nominations, the most for any network for the tenth year in a row, for the upcoming 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, which were announced in Los Angeles.
- Andres Iniesta took his penchant for scoring dramatic goals to new heights on Sunday when the midfielder smashed home the winner deep into extra time to give Spain their first World Cup triumph.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai is seeking removal of up to 50 Taliban commanders from a UN terror blacklist in a gesture intended to advance a political reconciliation in his country.