Major Events and Top News Headlines of 12 November 2010:
- = Billionaire businessman and Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has been selected for the global leadership award by the Business Council for International Understanding (BCIU) next week.
- = Four decades after Mao Zedong sent a whole generation of students to work in farms and factories, a Chinese city has launched another “students to the countryside” programme that, for some, uncomfortably invokes the days of the Cultural Revolution.
- =Europe will run out of capacity for new internet addresses by early next year, potentially cutting the U.K. off from the rest of the world online, one of the founding fathers of the communications network warned today.
- = Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram on Friday instructed the security forces to apprehend the leaders of the anti-talks faction of the National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) and the perpetrators of the brutal killing of 22 civilians in Assam from November 8 to 11 and bring them to justice.
- = NTPC Regional Executive Director (South) Ambarish Nath Dave on Thursday expressed satisfaction over the track record of Simhadri Super Thermal Power Station and exuded confidence that it would achieve 100 per cent plant load factor (PLF).