Major Events and Top News Headlines of 12 September 2010:
- Upping the ante against the UPA government’s handling of the current crisis in Jammu and Kashmir, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday accused the Central and State governments of being completely devoid of any vision on how to deal with the situation.
- Central probe agency NIA has questioned a senior Kerala IPS officer for his alleged association with certain people having terror links whom he had met during his Qatar visit earlier this year.
- Twenty nine cricketers, including two Australians, are suspected to be involved in spot-fixing at last year’s Indian Premier League in South Africa, a leading London newspaper claimed on Sunday.
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is engaging in a little window-shopping of China’s new high-speed train lines while peddling Californian exports and tourism in the world’s second-largest economy.
- Thirty-six countries from across Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe are sending their middle and senior-level auditors to learn about performance audits from India’s apex government auditor, the CAG.