Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 August 2009:
- Reminding the government of its duty to provide special care to reserved category students in higher educational institutions, the Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered IIT-Delhi to reconsider the expulsion of SC/ST students on account of poor performance.
- Google Earth’s got some competition now — from the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), which today unveiled its beta version of Bhuvan (meaning earth in Sanskrit).
- Seven more people died of swine flu taking the death toll in Malaysia due to the deadly H1N1 virus to 51, a health official said on Thursday.
- Carla Bruni is planning to have her first child with French President Nicolas Sarkozy in 2011 to boost her husband’s chances of clinching a second term the following year, a news report has claimed.
- Major departments in British universities such as physics, engineering and computing could collapse without students from non-European Union countries such as India, a vice-chancellor has said.