Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 December 2010:
- = The next hearing of the Cricket Board’s disciplinary committee, probing charges of financial irregularities agianst Lalit Modi, has been put off by two weeks following a request from the former Indian Premier League Commissioner’s attorney Mehmood Abdi.
- = Bahwan DHL Supply Chain (BDHL), a joint venture between Bahwan CyberTek (BCT) and DHL Supply Chain plans to create a freight exchange. The 51:49 joint venture would be an intellectual property of BDHL, where the software for the exchange would be developed by Bahwan CyberTek and freight delivery would be handled by DHL.
- = Britain says government websites are at risk of cyber attack from pro-WikiLeaks hackers.
- =Supporters and relatives of Pat Finucane, the well-known civil rights and defence lawyer murdered in front of his wife and three young children in Belfast in 1989, welcomed MI5’s offer as “highly significant” and said it strengthened their demands for a full, independent public inquiry into the killing.
- =The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex was down by over 187 points at 11 hours on profit-booking by funds and overseas investors.