Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 July 2009:
- Pradeep Khosla, an Indian-American internationally recognised as an authority on robotics, has been selected to join a prestigious council, committed to US competitiveness in the global economy.
- Five people were injured when another accident occurred at the Delhi Metro site on Monday. The accident occurred when three cranes at the site collapsed.
- Stressing that there will be no compromise on safety issues during Delhi Metro construction, the government on Monday said “all precautions” would be taken to prevent accidents.
- The 2011 World Cup, to be held in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, will be officially launched in Mumbai on Tuesday with the bigwigs of the International Cricket Council in attendance.
- Delhi Metro chief E Sreedharan on Monday inspected the site where an under-construction bridge collapsed leaving six persons dead even as clearing operations in the area were going on.