Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 July 2010:
- Infosys Technologies Ltd reported a surprise 2.6 per cent drop in quarterly profit but raised its full-year revenue forecast on hopes of strong outsourcing demand from overseas clients.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address a specially convened meeting of chief ministers of Naxal-affected states here tomorrow to chalk out a fresh strategy to curb Left-wing extremism.
- The government has placed an early warning system to check aberrant behaviour by any company to protect the interest of investors, Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said.
- Under pressure from the Congress and the JD(S) over the failure of his government to control illegal mining in Karnataka, Chief Minister B S
- Yeddyurappa on Monday said that he is ready to quit and face the people if he cannot stop the looting.
- Three thalassaemia patients tested HIV positive and another 16 tested positive for Hepatitis C — all after free blood transfusions at the government-run Umaid Hospital in Jodhpur.