Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 November 2010:
- = The share of Tamil Nadu in the Indian Army is hardly six per cent and ought to go up considerably, said Brigadier Pankaj Sinha, Deputy Director General, Recruiting (States), here on Saturday.
- = The former Telecom Secretary, D.S. Mathur, on Saturday claimed that Telecom Minister A. Raja had ignored his advice for auctioning 2G spectrum, but the Ministry hit back saying the official had cleared the files for issuing licenses as per the existing policy.
- = Sonia Gandhi has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging “suitable directions” on paying statutory minimum wages to workers employed under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS).
- = Hong Kong’s chief executive confronted Philippine President Benigno Aquino III on Saturday over the mishandling of a Manila bus hostage crisis in which eight Hong Kongers died, seeking punishment for the officials responsible.
- = A group of Taliban militants have stormed a U.S. military base in eastern Afghanistan, a government spokesman said.