Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 September 2009:
- The employee productivity of state-run IDBI Bank is the highest among all domestic banks in the country in 2008-09, according to a RBI report.
- The water level of the Yamuna continued to rise on Saturday as water from Haryana kept flowing in. The level rose from 204.58 metre at 10 a.m. to 204.80 metres at 6 p.m.
- Commissioner of Coimbatore Corporation Anshul Mishra has warned of stringent action against engineers of the civic body if they were found to be issuing forms for allocation of sites in water bodies for slum dwellers.
- Former Union Minister and author of the controversial book ‘Jinnah: India—Partition Independence,’ Jaswant Singh, said here on Saturday that his book will bring India and Pakistan closer.
- The negotiators from WTO member countries will meet in Geneva on Monday to kick-start trade talks that broke down 14 months ago and will focus on specifics like farm and industrial products.