Major Events and Top News Headlines of 13 September 2010:
- IFGL Refractories Ltd on Monday said it has acquired two U.S.-based firms, EI Ceramics LLC and CUSC International Ltd, for a total consideration of $13 million in a bid to expand its footprint in that country.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday underscored the gradual shift of economic and political power to Asia and asserted that greater attention would have to be paid to the entire Asia-Pacific region.
- U.S. envoy on Monday urged North Korea to demonstrate its commitment to denuclearisation by taking concrete steps to show progress could be made in any talks.
- Spain’s National Court has sentenced a member of the militant Basque separatist group ETA to 83 years in prison in its first such ruling since ETA declared a ceasefire eight days ago, judicial sources announced Monday.
- The Tata Consultancy Services will be set up a state-of-art training facility near Technopark in Thiruvananthapuram for training of Information Technology professionals.