Major Events and Top News Headlines of 14 February 2010:
- Pune city Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh expressed confidence that German Bakery blast case would be solved soon, but did not rule out the possibility of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen’s role in the attack.
- The United States and Britain have asked their citizens in India to be on alert after a terror attack in a Pune eatery frequented by foreign nationals killed nine people.
- To make it easy for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to file RTI applications, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has asked government departments to provide a link on their websites for receiving online applications and appeals.
- The Pakistan People’s Party-led government and the Supreme Court on Saturday appeared headed for a showdown after an apex court bench suspended the appointment of two judges by President Asif Ali Zardari.
- Iceland intends to become a bastion for global press freedom under a package of laws proposed by opposition MPs to defend freedom of speech, protect sources and fight libel tourism.