Major Events and Top News Headlines of 14th February 2015:
- Arvind Kejriwal second time took oath as chief minister on Saturday.
- The CBI arrested T Venkatram Reddy , chairman of Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd (DCHL), and his brother and company vice-chairman and managing director Vinayak Ravi Reddy here on Saturday for their alleged involvement in a Rs 357.77-crore fraud pertaining to the governmentowned Canara Bank.
- It was yesterday once more as Arvind Kejriwal, yet again burst into his sore-throated rendition of the 1959 Manna Dey song `Insaan Ka Insaan Se Ho Bhaichara’.
- The average age of the Arvind Kejriwal government is merely 42 years, making it one of the youngest cabinets in the country.
- The first-ever auction of coal mines in the country got off to a flying start on Saturday , with Anil Ambani-led Reliance Cement and GMR Chattisgarh Energy Ltd emerging as the first winners in their respective categories.
- A new study collating information from eight hospitals and treatment centres across Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai found patients were given drugs that they were resistant to.
- Over 56,000 cases of bank recovery and bouncing of cheques were disposed of in the National Lok Adalat conducted on Saturday across the country, including the Supreme
- BMC officials and labourers had a tough time demolishing the illegal ramp built outside actor Shah Rukh Khan’s Bandra bungalow ‘Mannat’ on Saturday.
- British and American scientists have now joined hands to develop a wholly artificial vaccine to combat polio.
- US tech giant Apple is working in secret to create a company-branded electric car, according to a newspaper.
- Ten gay couples in China have won a trip to the US to get married this summer as part of a competition.
- Australia’s Aaron Finch scored the first hundred of the World Cup against England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Saturday.
- Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara on Saturday became the second highest run-maker in ODI history during their clash against New Zealand in Christchurch.
- GEORGE LUCAS, who is best known for creating Star Wars, has topped Hollywood’s wealthiest filmmakers list with a personal net worth of $5.4 billion.