Major Events and Top News Headlines of 14 January 2009:
- US President Barack Obama who has been awarded with the Nobel Peace prize for 2009.
- Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor believes that US President Barack Obama truly deserves the Nobel Prize.
- The big Bebo-Bips catfight is set to be back as the two style divas are eagerly awaiting their big releases this weekend.
- Bihar’s Rural Development Minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha loves to use a red pen.
- Mumbai will host two matches and the finals of the 2011 cricket World Cup to be organised jointly by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland is looking to sell more than 300 branches in England and Wales.
- Tata Motors launch ‘Indigo Manza’, priced between Rs.4.8 lakh for base petrol version and Rs.6.75 lakh for the highest diesel version.
- Wayamba Elevens beat Victoria Bushrangers in their Champions League Twenty20 Group D cricket match at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium.
- Ajay Devgan and Fardeen Khan will grace the final episode of this season’s 10 Ka Dum.