Major Events and Top News Headlines of 14 June 2009:
- Sachin Tendulkar feels that the poor traveller’s tag associated with the Indian team has become a thing of the past and the recent successes abroad have made the team a fearless unit capable of beating any side in the world.
- A 1960 painting by M F Husain fetched a whopping Rs 3.1 crore at Christie’s South Asian Modern and Contemporary Art sale in London which saw 76 lots of celebrated artists going under the hammer for Rs 18.98 crore.
- Team India look in no mood to practice before the crucial Super 8 match against England in Twenty20 World Cup.
- Pakistan hikes its military spending by a whopping 15.3 per cent to Rs 342.9 billion for 2009-10 amid growing terror attacks by the Taliban.
- Latest to test positive for H1N1 virus is a woman and her three-year-old girl in Bangalore.