Major Events and Top News Headlines of 14 September 2010:
- Ranked among the top 10 performing hospitals in implementing the Kalaignar Kappeettu Thittam (KKT), the paediatric surgery unit at the Institute of Children’s Health (ICH) on Monday launched a patient data archiving system.
- Law and Justice Minister M. Veerappa Moily suggested that more discussions could be held on holding simultaneous polls to the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies.
- Myanmar’s main opposition party, led by democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi, has been dissolved after failing to register to contest the November polls, state television reported on Tuesday.
- The Madras High Court has refused to interfere with the decision of the State government to acquire 16.5 acres in Naranamangalam village of Perambalur district for an expansion project of Madras Rubber Factory (MRF).
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare on Monday said it was looking at investing over Rs.300 crore on a major brand building exercise to position ‘Horlicks’ as an umbrella brand of the company.