Major Events and Top News Headlines of 15 July 2010:
- SAP customers, partners and representatives are coming together at the SAP World Tour 2010 in New Delhi to share insights with peers on how business solutions from SAP are helping companies run better.
- Monsoon rains were 24 per cent below normal in the week to July 14, sources in the Indian Meteorological Department said, reviving fears of crop loss if rainfall remains weak.
- Asian stock markets dropped on Thursday after U.S. Federal Reserve issued a weaker economic forecast for the world’s largest economy, cooling investor sentiment.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is back for the fourth season of popular quiz reality show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, is all set to start rehearsing for it.
- A passenger plane flying from Urumqi, capital of China’s restive Muslim majority Xinjiang province, to the south of the country was forced to make an emergency landing after the crew received a warning of a bomb aboard the aircraft, which later proved to be a hoax.