Major Events and Top News Headlines of 15 June 2009:
- A dejected India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni held his batting colleagues responsible for the team’s aborted title defence in the Twenty20 World Cup and said there cannot be any excuse for their failure to chase down a
modest victory target against England.
- The latest victim of the fatal H1N1 influenza virus was reported in Punjab as a 17-year-old Jalandhar resident, Karanjeet Singh, tested positive for the virus taking the total number of flu cases in the country to 30.
- Monday is the last date to buy and submit pre-admission forms in Delhi University (DU). Yet, confusion about the admission process doesn”t seem to end.
- Despite DU counsellors, helplines and umpteen help desks on
campus, students are not clear about the forms.
- Shiney Ahuja’s filmi charm seems to have left the Mumbai Police starry eyed.