Major Events and Top News Headlines of 15 September 2009:
- In the wake of West Bengal scraping a proposed IT township project after a land scam at Vedic Village, industry body Nasscom on Tuesday said the State government should provide land to IT companies from its real estate pool.
- Sachin Tendulkar rated his match-winning century in the final of the Compaq Cup tri-series as one of the best of his one-day career.
- Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari does not believe India’s demand to take action against JuD chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, linked to Mumbai terror attacks.
- India on Tuesday denied a media report that two Indo-Tibetan Border Police jawans were injured due to firing from across the Line of Actual Control with China.
- The U.S. has said that it is taking very seriously former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf’s claim that arms provided by it to fight Islamic terrorists were moved to bolster defence against India instead.