Major Events and Top News Headlines of 15 September 2010:
- US President Barack Obama has exhorted American students to toil harder at school, saying their success would determine the country’s leadership in a world where children in Bangalore and Beijing were raring to race ahead.
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) has withdrawn the permission given to Delhi University to use any radioactive source in its labs as it failed to submit its final reply on the radiation exposure incident at Mayapuri scrap yard in Delhi within stipulated period, the Board said.
- Sikkim has dislodged the usual top ranker Kerala as the State with the highest suicide rate in the country, according to Lakshmi Vijayakumar, regional representative of the World Health Organisation on suicide prevention and founder of SNEHA, a non-governmental organisation.
- The Indian job market is bound to grow with the growth of information technology, says Ben Noteboom, Chairman, Randstad Group.
- India has been identified as the most important country for tigers with 18 source sites dedicated solely to their conservation, according to a recent study.