Major Events and Top News Headlines of 16 July 2010:
- The BJP on Friday regretted that Home Secretary G K Pillai was not “defended” by External Affairs Minister S M Krishna when he was “openly castigated” by Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi.
- Tata Motors today said it will raise the prices of its small car Nano by up to four per cent after it completes the delivery to first one lakh customers.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police has filed a chargesheet against an Army colonel, a major and seven others in a case of alleged fake encounter in which three youths were killed in the frontier district of Kupwara in April this year.
- On Friday, Lalit Modi was supposed to face the BCCI’s disciplinary committee for the first time since his suspension as IPL commissioner.
- Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard is likely to call an election on Saturday, reports said.