Major Events and Top News Headlines of 16 November 2010:
- = The PDF version of the report by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India on the Issue of Licences and Allocation of 2G Spectrum, which was tabled in both Houses of the Indian Parliament on November 16, 2010, can be accessed here.
- =Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi on Tuesday wondered whether it was fair to write a final judgement against former Telecom Minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum issue only on the basis of presumption that the exchequer had a loss of Rs 1,76,645 crore.
- =Two elephants were in the room when Russia, India and China held their tenth trilateral ministerial meeting here this week — the United States and Pakistan — and a consensus on driving them out proved elusive as Indian and Chinese officials rejected language on blocs and terrorism that would have upset their American and Pakistani friends.
- =The settled legal position is that the High Court’s jurisdiction to interfere with the quantum of punishment on an individual is very limited and restricted to exceptional cases.
- = Of the 20 check-posts in the State four would be modernised at a cost of about Rs.100 crore each along the State boundary. The preparatory works for the ones at Pethikuppam and Hosur are underway, said K.N. Nehru, Transport Minister.