Major Events and Top News Headlines of 16 September 2009:
- India has immense potential to take on global pharmaceutical markets, a joint report by KPMG and industry body CII said.
- Doubles veteran Leander Paes’ absence notwithstanding, the Davis Cup clash between India and South Africa this weekend will be “pretty even”, South African coach John-Laffnie de Jager said today.
- Doctoral dissertations are usually of little interest outside the world of academic research but a publication by Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.
- Taking exception to Pervez Musharraf’s statement that the US military aid for the war on terror was diverted to boost defences against India during his tenure, Pakistan on Wednesday said the former military ruler has not done any service to the country by making the remarks.
- India has designed a new version of Advanced Heavy Water Reactor (AHWR) which will use low enriched uranium along with thorium as fuel, chairman of Atomic Energy Commission Anil Kakodkar announced on Wednesday in Vienna.