Major Events and Top News Headlines of 17 September 2010:
- The Scotland Yard is expected to complete its investigations into the spot-fixing allegations against three Pakistani players by next week.
- For the second time this week, Pakistan on Friday called upon India to exercise restraint in ‘Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK)’ and urged the international community to take steps for safeguarding the human rights of Kashmiris.
- The Special Bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday rejected a plea for deferment of the verdict in the Babri Masjid title suit and imposed a heavy fine on applicant Ramesh Chandra Tripathi.
- Upset at the Jharkhand developments where the Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari installed a BJP government led by Arjun Munda, senior leader Yashwant Sinha is reported to have resigned as ‘prabhari’ (who is in charge of party affairs) in Punjab.
- People of Duswakalan village in Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh have set an example by amicably agreeing to the construction of a temple next to a mazar, after idols of Lord Shiva and Nandi were recovered during renovation of the mazar.