Major Events and Top News Headlines of 18 April 2010:
- Two Indian corporate giants, Tata Group and Reliance Industries, have made to a new list of world’s 50 most innovative companies, but it is US-based Apple Computer sitting on the top.
- With May 1st, celebrated as Maharashtra Day, being round the corner, political parties in Maharashtra are readying to steal the limelight on the historic day
- Navi Mumbai’s DY Patil Stadium, which had hosted the 2008 final, would also host this year’s title clash and the third place play-off.
- Billionaire industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla has been granted permission to import a bullet proof BMW for his use in the National Capital region.
- Meghalaya Chief Minister DD Lapang on Sunday submitted his resignation to Congress president Sonia Gandhi to end a lingering political crisis in the state, according to media reports.