Major Events and Top News Headlines of 18 February 2010:
- The upcoming meeting between the foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan is aimed at building a climate of trust for future talks between the neighbours but much will depend on what Islamabad actually does, official sources said on Thursday.
- The Centre on Thursday approved the proposal for release of equity infusion of Rs.800 crore in two equal monthly instalments to National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL), the holding company of Air India.
- Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday urged agricultural scientists to double their efforts to remove all misgivings on genetically modified (GM) crops from the minds of policy makers and the public.
- A team of civil nuclear experts from India is in South Korea to explore avenues of “broad-based cooperation” in the sensitive domain, according to diplomatic sources.
- In view of threat perceptions to the first India-SA ODI here, the Rajasthan police said there will be a strict vigil on the inter-state borders so that the match is conducted without any trouble on February 21.