Major Events and Top News Headlines of 18 June 2009:
- A complaint was today lodged against Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan for allegedly making statements against Islam in a magazine.
- Kabir Khan is excited about his film, New York. While Kabul Express, for which he won the National Award for Best First Film, was in keeping with the serious themes he dealt with as a documentary filmmaker, with New
York he is stepping into hitherto unchartered territory of mainstream cinema.
- As if the Maoists on a killing spree in Lalgarh wasn’t enough, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya is now also under fire from his allies-not over the ongoing violence, but the outcome of recent Lok Sabha polls.
- Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday reviewed the delivery of interceptor boats under the Coastal Security Scheme with the CMDs of Goa Shipyard Limited and Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited, Kolkata.
- A special court on Thursday screened closed circuit television footage of the terror attack at Chhatarapati Shivaji Terminus on November 26 last year which showed movements of Pakistani gunmen Mohammed Ajmal Kasab and Abu Ismail, policemen and public.