Major Events and Top News Headlines of 18 October 2014:
- LPG consumer will be able to get subsidy directly transferred to their bank account sans Adhaar Number from 15 November.
- India & China discuss ways to avoid LAC row on Saturday.
- The government on Saturday launched a scheme to encourage farmers in Jammu & Kashmir to cultivate scientifically tested and commercially beneficial aromatic and medicinal plants.
- The National Highways Authority of India directed project heads of over 200 highway stretches to update details of crashes with exact location.
- Former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa walked free on Saturday after spending 21 days in the Parappana Agrahara central jail.
- Anti-nuclear activist and People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy convener S P Udayakumar has announced his resgination from AAP.
- Pakistan People’s Party chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Saturday held his first public rally.
- Rome’s mayor has registered 16 gay marriages entered abroad in open defiance of Italy’s interior ministry.
- Delhi’s Himmat Singh has been named as the captain of the North Zone team for the upcoming Vinoo Mankad One-day Inter Zonal tournament on 18th October 2014.