Major Events and Top News Headlines of 18 September 2010:
- The International Cricket Council has launched an investigation into Friday’s England-Pakistan one-day international after information indicated a scoring pattern was prearranged.
- The role of monuments in promoting tourism is significant, said the Khadi Board Minister K. Ramachandran while inaugurating a seminar on Protection and Preservation of Monuments jointly organised by the Department of Tourism and the Providence College for Women in Coonoor on Saturday.
- Union Telecommunications Minister A Raja launched the Centre-sponsored ‘free mobile phones to BPL households’ scheme on a pilot basis at Avinashi block in the district on Saturday.
- Thirty-two students belonging to the SC/ST communities on Friday received appointment letters from a private bank after completing a six-month training programme in Banking, Finance, Insurance and Mutual Funds at the Institute of Finance, Banking and Insurance (IFBI).
- India and Canada will soon sign a bilateral social security agreement (SSA) under which their workers in either country need not contribute to social security schemes of the host nation on short term work visits.