Major Events and Top News Headlines of 19 August 2010:
- A day after the tripartite talks involving the state government, the Centre and the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha took place in Delhi, a nine-member team of the All India Gorkha League of Darjeeling.
- The Anti Corruption Bureau of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI-ACB) arrested Rajendra Rajaram Pawar (36), the former CEO of Dehu Road Cantonment Board, on Tuesday late evening for allegedly possessing disproportionate assets worth Rs 14.5 lakh.
- The Civil Aviation Ministry today sought the intervention of the PMO to make the Environment Ministry see reason over the need for a second airport in Mumbai.
- With its key ally DMK mounting pressure on the Centre to monitor the progress in rehabilitation of internally-displaced Tamils in Sri Lanka, New Delhi will soon send a senior official to the island nation to assess the situation on the ground.
- In a reconciliation deal with Vedanta Resources which acquired majority stake in Cairn India, state-run ONGC is likely to ask for being the operator of the prolific Rajasthan fields, despite being a minority stakeholder in the venture with Cairn.