Major Events and Top News Headlines of 19 June 2009:
- Prince William, the second-in-line for the British throne, has expressed his desire to fight for Britain on the front line in Afghanistan.
- Perhaps the single most significant consequence of the recent elections is the dramatic decline of the reformist Left of CPI and CPI(M).
- Slow starters and a team that depends on individual brilliance more than other sides, Pakistan enjoyed the relative lack of pressure by being underdogs in the Twenty20 World Cup, said captain Younis Khan.
- Police backed by paramilitary personnel on Friday continued their surge towards reclaiming Lalgarh from Maoist stranglehold drawing retaliation from the ultras and triggering a gunbattle as tribals blew up a bridge and set off a landmine in a bid to stop the security forces.
- A Russian military cargo aircraft AN-24 on Friday night intruded into Indian airspace from Pakistan and landed at the international airport.