Major Events and Top News Headlines of 20 April 2010:
- RBI said its annual monetary policy on Tuesday may focus on containing inflation a move that may see the apex bank raising key rates.
- New army chief General V K Singh will review the security situation during his maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir from today after taking charge.
- DMK patriarch M. Karunanidhi finally ended his silence on Monday on the issue of deporting slain LTTE chief V. Prabhakaran’s ailing mother.
- Mukul Sangma, 45, will take oath as 11th chief minister of the state along with three other Cabinet members on Tuesday.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal has denied investing in any team of the Indian Premier League.