Major Events and Top News Headlines of 20 February 2010:
- An international team of scientists has taken a significant step closer to unlocking the secrets of photosynthesis, and possibly to cleaner fuels.
- The Rajasthan Government’s specialised agency for computers, RajCOMP, signed a memorandum of understanding with One World Foundation-India for a large scale roll-out of e-SANCHAR, an innovative e-governance application, for the benefit of citizens under various beneficiary programmes here over the week-end.
- Dinesh Mallam, an Indian-American who narrowly escaped after he nearly drove into the plane that smashed into the U.S. federal building in Austin, thanks his stars for being alive and kicking.
- Intellectual support to Maoists made the task of tackling them “very difficult” as it confused people, Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram said here on Friday.
- The US is keen to work with India to conclude the Doha round of trade talks this year, a top Obama administration official said here.