Major Events and Top News Headlines of 20 June 2009:
- Rival captains Chris Gayle and Kumar Sangakkara paid rich tributes to Sri Lanka’s prolific batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan, saying the right-hander’s sublime knock made all the difference in tonight’s second semifinal of the Twenty20 World Cup.
- Pakistan’s flamboyant all rounder Shahid Afridi has credited his success in the Twenty20 World Cup to a huge confidence shown in him by captain Younis Khan and coach Intikhab Alam.
- As India and the West Indies gear up for their four-match ODI series starting June 26, a prestigious sporting event in the Caribbean was cancelled due to swine flu threat.
- BJP president Rajnath Singh rules out distancing itself from Hindutva ideology.
- Home Minister P. Chidamabaram in a meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee assured him of more forces if required in Lalgarh.