Major Events and Top News Headlines of 20 September 2010:
- Scientists have found a novel way to make three dimensional computer simulations of supernovae explosions that may help in understanding these explosions better.
- Noted Indian-American academician Dipak Jain has been named as Dean of INSEAD, a leading international business school which aims to expand operations in developing countries like India and China.
- Union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday said the government was not opposed to South Korean steel giant POSCO getting a majority stake in its proposed Rs.12, 000-crore joint venture with Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL).
- The State president of Bharatiya Mahila Morcha Shobha Surendran said here on Monday that the code of conduct prescribed by the Muslim League for its women candidates in the elections to the local self governments infringed the freedoms and democratic rights of women. .
- India put up an improved performance to crush Pakistan in straight sets, 25-17, 25-15, 25-22, in the final league match of the third Asian volleyball championship (central zone) at the Netaji Indoor Stadium to set up a revenge match in the final against Iran on Monday.