Major Events and Top News Headlines of 21 August 2009:
- Microsoft India recently announced the commencement of road show covering 16 cities to mark the launch of Windows 7, which is scheduled in October. From August to September 2009, Microsoft expects to reach out to over 1,800 partners across several cities including Pune, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Ranchi and the five metros.
- HDFC Standard Life, one of India’s leading private life insurance companies has selected SAP as its technology partner to enhance its customer centricity and set new benchmarks in service standards.
- Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, on Friday indirectly hinted that former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje could be removed from the party on grounds of indiscipline.
- Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa (decree) against Muslim quacks saying medical practice without proper qualification is ‘haram’ in the Shariat law.
- Six months after his death in the bloody BDR mutiny, Subedar Major Nurul Islam has emerged as a national hero in Bangladesh.