Major Events and Top News Headlines of 21 February 2010:
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Sunday said it would soon set up a body to regulate the scientific community on the crucial health research of stem cell therapy.
- In its efforts to augment the strength of the Border Security Force (BSF), the Centre has approved raising of 29 battalions, comprising around 30,000 personnel, for the country’s frontier guarding force.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government today ordered an inquiry into allegations levelled by an executive engineer against a BSP legislator of threatening him with dire consequences, a government spokesman said here.
- The Madras High Court has dismissed a petition by a District Judge seeking to call for the records relating to the proceedings by the Registrar-General, High Court, against him and quash them.
- A Myanmar company has planned to open the country’s first information technology shopping mall in Yangon in the first week of April to mainly sell IT and communication products, according to one of its share holders Sunday.