Major Events and Top News Headlines of 21 September 2010:
- The U.S. is not in a position to play the “leadership role” in tackling climate change as the political and economic situation in the country is not in the most stable condition, Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh has said.
- Set to study the ground situation in Jammu and Kashmir, the all-party delegation led by Home Minister P. Chidambaram arrived in Jammu on Tuesday, even as the Bharatiya Janata Party, the Samajwadi Party and the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) decided to boycott the team.
- India is prepared to “discuss all outstanding issues” with Pakistan including Jammu and Kashmir, but it has to take “ameliorative action” to eradicate terrorism against the country.
- Making its foray into formal education services, Finnish handset maker Nokia today entered into a strategic partnership with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to provide certificate programmes in English language through its devices.
- Australia’s world champion discus thrower Dani Samuels today pulled out of the controversy—marred Delhi Commonwealth Games citing health and security concerns.