Major Events and Top News Headlines of 22 December 2010:
- Some of the crucial documents which could throw light on Commonwealth Games deals have gone missing with the probe agencies fearing that they could have been destroyed or hidden.
- Hardcore commercial films with rural backdrop made a big bang in 2010 with the success of ‘Raajneeti’ and ‘Dabangg’ but many other mega budget films like ‘Raavan’, ‘Kites’ and ‘Guzaarish’ flopped at the box office.
- The Obama Administration is drafting an executive order that will provide for indefinite detention of some prisoners at the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
- In a historic shift for the US armed forces, President Barack Obama on Wednesday signed into law the repeal of military’s ‘Don’t ask, Don’t tell’ policy, allowing gays to openly serve in the army.
- With NTDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu continuing his fast to press for a generous relief to the people affected by recent heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced to release Rs 400 crore for immediate relief.