Major Events and Top News Headlines of 22 July 2009:
- The goalkeeper of Indian hockey team, Baljit Singh, continued to be in a critical condition even as the doctors were trying hard to save his eyesight after he was hit by a golf ball during a training session in Pune recently.
- Bollywood is set to experiment with a new genre of music ” Tamil Bhangra. The world of Punjabi Bhangra and South Indian Tamil beats would amalgamate to give us a new, funky sound, especially created for Quickgun Murugan.
- Despite being aware that President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was frisked before boarding a Continental Airlines flight to the US, the government had kept the shocking incident buried for nearly three months.
- Software major Wipro on Wednesday reported 11.86% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs 1,015.50 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
- The health minister Ghulam Nabi Azad informed the lower House on Wednesday that the government will invite bids this month for setting up at least five AIIMS-like medical institutions and colleges by 2012 in the country.