Major Events and Top News Headlines of 22 November 2010:
- =The food import bill of the global community could surpass the $1 trillion mark in 2010, with prices of most commodities going up sharply compared to the previous year, the Food and Agriculture Organisation has said.
- =The Centre for Policy Analysis (CPA), which believes in working for a just and inclusive political and social order, has decided to send a delegation of parliamentarians and civil society members to Kashmir Valley from December 3 to 5 to help build confidence among people in the State.
- = The much-talked about surrender policy for youths who had exfiltrated from Jammu and Kashmir between 1989 and 2009 for arms training and have a change of heart now was cleared on Monday by the State Cabinet.
- =A Delhi court on Monday remanded former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee officials T.S. Darbari, Sanjay Mahendroo and M. Jayachandran to three days CBI custody in connection with the alleged bungling in the Queen’s Baton Relay (QBR) in London last year.
- = With the logjam continuing in Parliament over the opposition demand for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum controversy, Government has convened an all-party meeting this afternoon to end the deadlock.