Major Events and Top News Headlines of 22 September 2010:
- Even as three military pacts pursued by Washington will not materialise during Defence Minister A.K. Antony’s two-day U.S.
- The Centre on Wednesday banned all bulk SMS and MMS across India for next 72 hours with immediate effect in view of the impending verdict on Ramjanambhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits by the Special Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court, scheduled for Friday.
- The Left parties on Wednesday asked the government to take urgent steps to restore peace and normalcy in the Kashmir Valley by putting a stop to police firing on protesters and selectively withdrawing the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from Srinagar.
- Insurgents attacked a NATO and Afghan army outpost in eastern Afghanistan near the Pakistan border and at least 25 of the militants were killed in the resulting skirmish, officials said on Wednesday.
- Al—Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) has claimed responsibility for the abduction in Niger of seven foreign workers, five of them French.