Major Events and Top News Headlines of 23 July 2010:
- Launching a scathing attack on External Affairs Minister S M Krishna for “humiliating” Home Secretary G K Pillai, the BJP on Thursday made clear its intention to turn the heat on the government in Parliament on the “disconnect” within it over the approach towards Pakistan.
- Info Edge (India) Ltd, the owner of job portal Naukri.com, posted a net profit of 172.7 million rupees on net sales of 658.8 million rupees for the quarter ended June 30.
- India may have flopped in the opening cricket Test against Sri Lanka but opener Virender Sehwag held on to the number one spot, while Sachin Tendulkar gained a place to be seventh in the latest ICC rankings for batsmen issued today.
- A portrait of Ban Ki-moon as a secrecy-obsessed UN chief seeking to wrest control of internal investigations emerges from a blistering 50-page confidential memo by his former oversight chief.
- America’s ability to deal with a nuclear attack has been eroded over the years and the country is woefully unprepared for any kind of nuclear attack, a Pentagon report has suggested.