Major Events and Top News Headlines of 23 June 2009:
- Shiv Sena on Tuesday asked consumers in Mumbai and elsewhere in Maharashtra not to pay their electricity bills to protest the steep rise the tariffs.
- Two CPI(M) supporters, severely beaten up by alleged Trinamool Congress men at Nandigram and elsewhere, died in hospital on Monday prompting the Marxists to call a 12-hour bandh in the area on Tuesday.
- The spectre of drought looms large over Bihar because of inordinate delay in the onset of monsoon this year.
- Team India has got a wake up call from captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Dhoni issued a no-nonsense warning to his teammates asking them not to repeat the mistake of hiding their injuries. Headlines Today had recently
- exposed how five crucial members of the Indian T20 squad hid their injuries.
- A special court hearing into the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case on Tuesday cleared the way for an Interpol notice for 22 of the accused.