Major Events and Top News Headlines of 23 November 2010:
- = Admitting challenges in taming inflation which remains above the comfort level of 4-5 per cent, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said it is making serious efforts to contain price rise.
- =The countdown to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, who announced their engagement last week, began on Tuesday with the news that it would take place on Friday April 29 next year at Westminster Abbey, which was also the venue of the Prince’s late mother Princess Diana’s funeral in 1997.
- =The White House on Tuesday condemned North Korea’s artillery attack against the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong, the latest in a series of provocations that have reawakened concerns about the threat posed by the communist country and its reclusive leadership.
- =Slamming the Bharatiya Janata Party for its “double standards” on corruption issues, the Congress and Communist Party of India (Marxist) today said the party was silent on the issue of continuance of B.S. Yeddyurappa as Karnataka Chief Minister.
- = Ahead of Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to New Delhi next month, India and China will hold the 14th round of boundary talks in Beijing on November 29-30, the Chinese Foreign Ministry announced on Tuesday.