Major Events and Top News Headlines of 23 September 2009:
- Tata Motors on Tuesday said it would launch the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and the Discovery 4 models from its Jaguar Land Rover stable in November.
- Rajendra Shekhawat, son of President Pratibha Patil, was in the list of the 159 candidates announced by the Congress for Maharashtra Assembly polls, which also carries names of sons of some senior leaders.
- In its sixteenth flight conducted from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota today (September 23, 2009), ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C14 successfully launched the 960 kg.
- The tug of war between the Centre and the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) will be implemented from December 31 in metros and category ‘A’ service areas, and by 20th March, 2010, in the rest of the country, telecom regulator, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said on Wednesday.