Major Events and Top News Headlines of 24 April 2010:
- The producer-director Karan Johar launched his own line of clothes with a friend, Varun Behl.
- Newly wed tennis star Sania Mirza has said she will retain her maiden name and play for another three to four years.
- Two Marathi short films Kedar Jape’s Baangdya (Bangles) and Reema Amrapurkar’s Janani will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival, beginning on May 15.
- Ashutosh Gowariker’s period thriller based on the Chittagong uprising during the freedom struggle, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, is slated for a worldwide release on December 3.
- BCCI bigwigs are set to give it a miss in the wake of the spat with Lalit Modi but the inaugural Indian Premier League awards still promise to be a glitzy affair here tonight.